Saturday, October 25, 2008

Luke's 1st Haircut

So I guess this will be another Luke post since his 2 Aunts (Katie and Sonya) requested it. In fact, his Aunt Sonya was the wonderful photographer - thank you so much!!!!
I actually started it days ago. But between me not feeling well and the boys having the stomach flu, it took a bit longer to finish it up.....


Following tradition, Luke did not have his 1st haircut until after his 1st birthday.
In fact, I held out until he was 15mth. old!

This silly picture gives you some idea of just how long it had gotten;)


Mommy and Luke after a long day of shopping with Sonya and Max!


My very last closeup of "Samson."

(Patrick's nickname for him because of his long hair.)


All ready to go in his firetruck!


And watching Baby Einstein too!!!!
It doesn't get any better than that........


little did he know what was about to take place.


Pretty cool spray bottle.I am putting up with this, but could you please move over so that I can watch my show.Okay, this is really not that cool.Hmmm, she is touching me.Get her away from me.Oh yeah, Baby Einstein......Just kidding.I have had enough - can I be done?(Distracted again.)I H.AT.E. this.Nope, the puppy is cute, but Einstein is better.Finally, all done!!!I love driving my firetruck while holding my balloon:)So what do you think?


About his hair of course, because I am sure all you mommies can guess what is soooooo interesting (baby dope)!Time to slide.


He normally loves to slide. However, by this point he was extremely tired and so proud of his balloon, that little else mattered.He was very curious about the "weight" at the end of his balloon.


Shhhhhhhh, I didn't tell him it was candy - a sucker to be specific.

I paid a few extra dollars for this certificate, picture and lock of hair. To me, money WELL spent!!! What a special first for us all! Our little baby is growing up too quickly!

6 comments:

Julie said...

He looks so cute and grown up with his new haircut. Hopefully the next experience will be easier. :)

Rachel said...

I should have noted that even though he cried, he did NOT fight her. He was a very good boy!!!! I put them in order so that you could see he would be happy, then sad, then happy and sad........
Julie, I enjoyed chatting with you last night.

j.j. said...

OH Rachel, he looks SO grown up with his big boy haircut!! He is absolutely adorable. I can't even fathom taking Lauren for a haircut at this age. I am impressed that he did so well. I was skeptical about Lydia's first cut (which was also at one of those kid's places) and she was 2 1/2!!!!

K. Humby said...

He looks so handsome!!!! Way to go Lukey!

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Rachel, it must have taken you FOREVER to upload all of these. Good memories from our side though. Claire is still talking about the boys. Maybe I will have to call you all tonight.

S>

Kristin said...

I finally made it over to your blog! Great haircut studio ... I'm going to have to look into that, I bet we have one here. Great pictures & nice certificate to hold onto.

Your little mini Biltmore vacation looked like a great get-away too!

Blessings --
Kristin