Saturday, October 18, 2008

Harvest Moon

In all actuality, Martha and I were just playing with my new camera, and the moon was the perfect setting to explore its capabilities. I also learned why it is very useful to have a tripod - the biggest struggle was holding the camera steady.



I also read some interesting facts regarding the moon, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that the red moon in Sept. is in fact called the Harvest moon.
There were many more interesting facts to be read here !

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! These are amazing pictures. Most impressive. Isn't the moon beautiful?

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

great post. I loved it. I see I have some serious catching up to do. Where you blogging while I was at your house.

Rachel said...

I don't think I did, other than to swap the time stamp on the post just below this one and that was before you arrived. Since you have left, it was a long weekend with Patrick gone and us at home passing the stomach bug from person to person - so I posted a couple this weekend. I am so glad you left when you did so that you didn't catch it. Otherwise, I wish you could have stayed longer - we had a fun time with all of you:)