Saturday, October 04, 2008

Flowers

In case you haven't noticed by now, I find it VERY difficult to walk past a flower without photographing it. I love trying to capture its beauty in a picture, even though an image can never do it justice. However, I always enjoy brousing back through my collection of flowers and am always struck by the splendor of God's creation.
To make this post more interesting for my readers, I am going to ask you 3 questions to consider while viewing these pics:
First question: 6 photos were taken in Ky, while 2 were taken in NC - Can you figure out which flowers are from which state?
Second question: How well do you know your flowers - can you identify each variety?
Third question: The last 2 images are very similar - which one is better and why?






I know, I know, not technically a flower, but it was taken while in the gardens. Besides, this pic is not one of the 8 that I referred to in my questions.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Well, Rachel, you are getting on with the business of posting! Well done. I have to admit that I am useless with flowers and your questions will have to go unanswered by me. Of the last two pictures I liked the close up one better because the flower filled the frame. They are all lovely flowers, though. Now that autumn is rolling on it will be nice to look back at them.

K. Humby said...

I love the flowers, though I cannot begin to give any names. And no, I could not tell too much of a difference btw the last two. Thanks for posting though. I really missed seeing you guys at least via the internet. When did you get to be such a good photographer! Impressive!

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

I love the new template and even more... that you updated it! Yeah - so glad you are back.

I am going to email you some info now on us so check your inbox!

Unknown said...

Did I take some of those pics? Like the one of Sean, or any of the flower pics?

Rachel said...

Yes, you took the one of Sean, but I don't think I included any of your flower pics or I would have given you credit. I'll try to email some of your flower pics to you sometime.