Sunday, November 25, 2007

A very special croc

Now I am sure you are thinking, "A special shoe????? Come on, it's just a croc!" To which I would respond, "Well, not just any croc:)" You see, about 2 weeks ago, Aidan was playing outside and decided to shed his crocs next to our friend's goalpost; unfortunately, one was missing when he returned. We immediately guessed that one of the neighborhood dogs had run off with it; and we searched all around, but could not find it. I told Aidan to remember to ask our neighbor about it next time he saw him, and also prayed that it would turn up as they are practically brand new and it is kind of hard to wear only one shoe.
Today, after arriving home from church, I saw one of the dogs chewing on something and was quite curious. Mind you, he was across the road in our neighbor's yard at the bottom of her hill - I'm surprised I even noticed him. As I stood there watching, I saw a flash of red and was like, "No way!" I sent Drew to investigate and here is what he brought back.

The missing red croc, little worse for wear.

This shoe stands witness to the truth that God hears and answers our prayers:)

1 comment:

K. Humby said...

I can't believe it! Especially, since you even happened to take notice of the "red" object! It doesn't look too bad either for having been lugged around by a dog!!! :)