Tuesday, November 13, 2007

4 Month Stats

Luke has changed so much during his 3rd month and I want to record my memories for future reference. I will divide them into 2 categories - physical and social!

Physical:
1. He started to gain confidence on his side and finally rolled over back to tummy once on Nov. 6th and again on Nov. 7th.
2. He is very good at grabbing his toys with both hands (prefers the right) and placing them in his mouth.
3. He also realizes that the toy is still there even when it is not directly in front of him and will turn and reach to grab it.
4. He can entertain himself for quite a while
5. He sleeps regularly from 9:30 or 10pm until 8 or 8:30am when I often find myself waking him up.

Social:
6. However, if he wakes up first, I am greeted with scratching (he loves to scratch fabrics) and a huge grin as he lifts his head high enough to see me - he knows right where I am.
7. He is much more clear with his feeding signs - hungry, all done, or switch sides - and is also finishing more quickly.
8. He prefers to be put down when he is tired and loves to sleep on his side with index finger and hair.
9. He squeals, laughs and is even trying to blow "raspberries."
10. He adores his brothers


At birth
Weight: 10lb. 9oz
Height: 22 1/4

2 mth.
Weight: 13lb. 9 1/2oz
Height: 24 1/2

4 mth.
Weight: 16lb. 9oz
Height: 26 1/2


So as you can see, he is gaining around 3lb. and growing 2in. over a 2 mth. span. His Dr. was quite pleased and so am I (the oatmeal must really be making a difference). The only downfall being, at this rate I will be toting a 6mth. baby who weighs over 20lbs. (none of my other boys have even made 20lb. by a year). Also it seems that cotton, footed sleepers are not made in 12mth. sizes, and I don't want my 4mth. old in 2 piece pjs already:(

Yesterday, he had his 4mth. shots and Aidan his 5yr. ones. They both did awesome. Neither of them cried from the needles, but only as the antigenic material was injected into their thighs. Oh, that sounds awful and IS awful!!!!! Afterwards, Aidan received a coupon for a FREE order of fries at McDonalds and a pack of Pokemon cards. Lukie got "milkies", cuddles and a nap. Here are a few pics of my 2 youngest sons as we were waiting in the exam room for their Dr.

7 comments:

Kelley said...

What is antigenic material?

Did you nurse Luke during the injections or after? I've heard of moms nursing during to try to minimize the pain the baby experiences but I have visions of doing that with Greta and her taking a big chomp out of me in shock.

Rachel said...

AFTER. I always worry that they either think I am causing the pain or that I am not coming to their assistance - just standing by watching. It really is an unpleasant experience, period.

Kelley said...

Ignore the antigenic material question. For some reason when I read it the first time I thought it was a separate shot from their immunizations.

Tracy said...

Ma cstill cries for a shot. Abigail NEVER did at all. Go figure!

Beth said...

Luke is my boys size and yes, I did carry a 20lb 6 month old around. He was 22lbs at 5 1/2 months. :P They do make footed pj's for 12 mos. Unfortunately I found Stephen's at gap for kids, osh kosh and carters. Sears has some, but they have the no slip feet.

Stephen loves to scratch fabric too, isn't it funny. :)

K. Humby said...

Hmmm... I am going to have an giant for a nephew! Oh well, if he is soft, cuddly, and as adorable as he is at present, I won't mind too much! His brothers better pray that he is a big teddy bear in character!!!

Beth said...

BTW, Aidan's face is just precious in those pics.