Saturday, March 03, 2007

Two lessons hopefully learned

Today, I went on my weekly shopping spree to Walmart. I found everything I needed plus a few extra items after circling the store several times - pregnancy brain;) As I was checking out, I removed the jar of peanut butter from the cart to discover it was covered in some kind of thick slimy substance. What in the world? We were quickly able to identify the culprit - Palmolive concentrated dishwashing liquid. It was on everything - cheese, pepperoni, boxed goods, bottled water, etc. What a goopy mess. I had to come home and wash my groceries - that is a first.

As I was leaving the store, guess who was waiting outside the door? Cute little girl scouts!!! This is bad. I LOVE Caramel Delights. I can practically eat an entire box in one sitting with NO assistance, and I am pregnant trying to be good. Needless to say, I bought two boxes and already one is gone (Patrick did help me out).

So the two lessons learned are #1. Close the top securely after smelling the wonderful scent of Lavender and Ylang Ylang. #2. Avoid the door with the girl scouts even if it means walking clear to the other end of the store (and as you know this is a big deal for a large, tired pregnant lady with a very full cart of groceries).

6 comments:

Kelley said...

It looks like you didn't lose much soap from the bottle. I take it your peanut butter was not Great Value or Peter Pan?

Rachel said...

I know that was the weird thing and yet it dripped over so many things!!! JIF all the way, baby.

Rebecca said...

Oh ya gotta love Lavender and Ylang Ylang. (Seriously... it's my favorite! lol)

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

I have never had Carmel delights.. but they sound tastey - though everything does when your pregnant. Hummm I am trying not to gain weight too - now that I stopped breastfeeding... it is hard not to eat like ravaneous beast

Tracy said...

I've had a chance to sit and read over your blog this past week. It's been fun. I love your name! BTW, I love Palmolive, too.

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Humm.. I thought you might have a new post up, since I read your postings on my blog... I will have to wait. M&M (not to be confused with Emiem the rapper) are in Bermuda now. Maria said it was suppose to rain for the first few days... to bad it is rainning for her birthday.....Happy Birthay Maria. Hope things are good. Did you come with any more names?