Friday, September 18, 2015

Field Trip #2 - The Sewage Plant

What a stinky field trip!!! Apparently, it would have been far worse had this plant not employed various methods of odor control. As it was, Luke was coughing and gagging quite a few times (it reminded of my brother at the hatchery when we were kids ☺)


Trust me, you do not want to know what was in the bins. 


Pumps, filters...





Sewage at different stages of treatment.
The only alarming part was that I was sure I could feel a "mist" on my legs... GROSS!


My handsome 3rd grader!


Run for your lives.


The most shocking part was that the sewage leaves the plant as fresh water approximately 8 hours after it first arrived!!!


Back at the lab... dirty water magnified... so cool!


The lab technician brought this Hickory Horned Devil down to show the kids.
It was HUGE.

No comments: