Thursday, December 27, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS:)

Christmas Eve the boys opened one present in the evening - this is our tradition. They were so excited; but at the same time, afraid that they would find sleep to be very elusive. Drew even told Patrick that he wished he could have a "mask" to get to sleep (you know the ones they use to put you out for surgery). As it turns out, the older boys were almost instantly gone, while Aidan struggled to fall asleep since he had napped with me during the day. So we moved him to the office with the door cracked while we finished wrapping presents, straightening up, and putting out Milk and Turtles for Santa. He was such a good boy, stayed put, and eventually drifted off.

There is nothing like waking up Christmas morning to the sound of little feet racing past your door and the excited whispering and squeals emanating from the front of the house. Couple that with the coos coming from the end of my bed, and when I peek over, I am rewarded with a huge grin, kicking legs, and waving arms. I then get to snuggle between my darling Patrick and my sweet baby Luke as he tanks up for the new day. I have the BEST gifts I could ever receive in this life.
Well, I finally got the Christmas pics loaded this morning and sorted through them. Below is a sampling of our merry day. Luke is chewing on the toy that Drew picked out and bought him for Christmas.Let the good times roll!Taking it all in!Sean's #1 request this year was tools and wood:)Drew asked for a gun. And Aidan really wanted stuffed animals.
This was their big shared gift and I had ALL the fun of assembling it.

Luke actually slept through most of the festivities; but when he woke up, Aidan quickly brought him all of his gifts to open.
As always, the paper was the best part:)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with friends/family and once again were reminded of Matthew 1:21 which says, "And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins.”
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!!

3 comments:

K. Humby said...

No comments yet... Well, I will post one... I love the Christmas pictures. They all look very content. The wrapping paper you use looks as if it might be rather "yummy" too! :) (I like your muscles, Sean!!! :)

Beth said...

I'm glad your Christmas was so restful. :) Ours wasn't quite like that though still good. Why is wrapping paper so yummy? Stephen loved it too and I have a picture of him with a bow on his head I'll have to post soon.

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Looks like fun!