2 ingredients (hair conditioner and corn starch). 3 if you count the food coloring.
We had fun making this, but I much prefer my good ol' homemade cooked playdoh.
3 busy boys enjoying the sticky dough (needed more corn starch).
Asher continued to play LONG after his brothers quit. By the time he finished up, the dough was no longer sticky but almost too dry.
Here is a recipe I might try next time:
- 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- Up to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding in increments until it feels just right)
- food colouring (optional)
- few drops glycerine (optional- adds more shine!)
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
- Add the boiling water
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough
- Add the food colouring and glycerine (both optional)
- Allow it to cool down then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone. * This is the most important part of the process, so keep at it until it’s the perfect consistency!*
- (If it remains a little sticky then add a touch more flour until just right)
Already I predict a few of my own changes: add the oil, salt, and food coloring to the boiling water instead!!!