Monday, August 15, 2011

My friend in the window

Hummingbird feeder


As usual, it seemed to attract mostly females...
this little lady would perch outside my kitchen window on a branch near the ground, making it quite impossible to see her unless one climbed on the counter (the boys) or perched on their tippy toes (me).

To our great surprise, this guy showed up a few weeks ago, and boy, does he have character.
He loves to hang out, peering at me through the window with his little head tilting from side to side.


He is super curious and confident!!!


And he is the KING.
Each morning, I initially find him on top of the feeder, jealously guarding it from any other Hummingbirds who would dare to approach "his feeder".
Between observing me and chasing off his competition, he sure is one busy guy.

No comments: