Saturday, December 25, 2010

Winnipeg - take 1

December 16th -

What a spectacular evening!
I could hardly wait to see her work in real life, and it did NOT dissappoint!
Three times, I slowly walked through the gallery viewing both her stunning sculptures and incredible drawings. Each time, I saw something I had previously missed; or revisited a piece that struck me in such a completely different manner, it was almost like seeing it again for the first time.
All I can say is that I really wish each and everyone of you could have the same opportunity.
I have not blogged for several days, because I wanted so badly to photograph and share my favorites with you. However, until I receive her permission, I have decided against it at the present moment.

Eva sweetly agreed to pose with us:)

Drew, Lewis, and Natalie

I just LOVE this photo of Maria!

It is hard for kids to sit in a gallery for 3+ hours, but they behaved wonderfully!

2 comments:

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Those are NICE boots you are in... and look how TALL you look...and maybe are. I want those boots.. or onces like them - but I never see anything I feel comfortable in. You look fantastic

Rachel said...

I just ordered 2 pairs online and then kept the ones I liked. These are actually made my Blondo Canada.
Mind you, I had been looking for weeks/months through 500+ boots, tried some on at stores in GA, and so pretty much new exactly the look, style I was going for... they were my Christmas present!