Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

Luke perched on Drew:)
Each December, we have established a tradition of "Daddy dates" - Patrick takes each individual boy to the restaurant of their choice, followed by a shopping trip to pick out a gift for their brothers.
Included in this tradition, on Christmas Eve each boy is permitted to pick one gift to open from one of their brothers.
They always have so much fun giving and receiving from one another.

Gifts are chosen and here they are ready to open
(after Mommy takes a picture of course).

Go boys, GO!!!
Luke cracks me up, because he seems to think that no gift can be opened without a picture taken 1st;)

Luke with his gift from Drew!

Aidan opening a gift from Sean.

Drew with his gift from Sean too;)

And Sean with a gift from Drew!

A picture taken just after everything was laid out...

and again, just as Patrick and I headed for bed.

Just want to include a funny story from earlier in the evening:
As I was finishing some last minute wrapping in my bedroom, Luke came looking for me. When he found me in the room with the locked door, he was NOT happy. He promptly started crying and kicking the door begging me to open it. He claimed that he would "not look" (yeah, right) and "not tell Bubbies" (what is there to tell if one is not even looking? Besides, earlier in the day while I was helping him wrap his gifts for his brothers, they came to door and I quickly said, "Don't open the door!" He said, "I'm not. He then proceeded to announce through the door that he was wrapping their candy:). Of course, I calmly talked to him through the door while I kept right on wrapping. After a moment, I heard him sob, "Mommy, touch my fingers. Mommy, hold my hand!" I looked over at the door to discover his litttle hand shoved as far under the door as he could get it. I crawled over, touched his hand, stroked his fingers and then shoved my hand as far under as I could get it, so that he could see my fingers.
What a dramatic little guy!
And with that, wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!!!!!

2 comments:

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

I've been thinking... your blog needs a new title... that one is getting old. Congrats on another successful Christmas.

Rachel said...

Oh, it will change eventually:)