Sunday, May 18, 2008

April - Spring is here!

Spring is a season that is yearned for each year and upon its arrival, I am always reminded to be grateful. I enjoy the birds twittering and pairing up to build their nests. I love the trees and flowers budding and blooming. Everything is just so green, new, and fresh.
Robin eggsSparrow (?) eggs Bleeding heart
I am not sure where/when this plant came about. When we first moved here, I am pretty sure there was NOT one in the front bed. However, every year this plant comes up and is laden with blooms and each time it size increases. It measures more than 3ft across.Dandelions

Cricket
(You have no idea just how scared I was to peak inside this box.)
One afternoon, Aidan and I were outside enjoying the beautiful weather - I was in the front yard and he was in the back. Out of the blue, he came flying up to me, absolutely panicked - he was almost sobbing and definitely shaking. I hugged him while trying to find out what had terrified him. He tells me that there is something black in his box ( he uses this box to collect grasshoppers). Of course, I was wracking my brain for "black, scary" things that could have climbed in. Reluctantly and carefully, I peered inside, half expecting something to jump out at me. At first, I saw nothing. Great was my relief upon further inspection to see this little bug:)

Pansies from Nana


Hosta (I think)

Dandelion - fluffy seed ball


Here are the robins just hatched (very pink and almost no fuzz)!

And a few days later, already they looked like little fuzz balls.

(They have since flown away)

2 comments:

K. Humby said...

Aidan Ramsey... all of those grasshoppers that we were catching and you were afraid of a little black bug!!!! ???? :) Yeah actually, the bug did look a little scary.

I just love all of the outdoor pics and greenery... the baby birds are so tiny too. One almost can't even tell that there is anything but fuzz in the nest.

Beth said...

I adore Spring too. And while I hate bugs, I'm looking forward to my boys showing me their treasures. :)