Monday, April 26, 2010

Randomness

Not even sure that is a word, but you will see that this post is aptly named nonetheless:)

Prepared and waiting.....

He rotated to inform me,
"Motorcycle!"

"Sit with me, Daddy."

It is much easier to sit still and listen when one's body is occupied;)

On a side note:

The baby Song Sparrows are quickly maturing.

I think their little pink and yellows beaks are quite cute:)

A storm brewing.

Dicentra spectabilis Pink
Better known as Bleeding Heart or perhaps even Dutchman's Trousers.
Little did I know that these plants are perennial or that they reach 2'-3' in both height and diameter.
I vaguely recall transplanting it from a hanging basket to this location years ago, but only remember it sprouting and blooming the last couple of years.


Walking past this plant one day, I was struck by the both the color and configuration of its blossoms.
It reminded of my children....
Both the color and the heart-shape
symbolic of my love for them.
The arrangement of size, from bigger to smaller,
emphasizing the fact that time is fleeting.
Even as younger ones have been added to our family,
our older sons are growing up.
Sometimes, I have wished that I could freeze time - that I could keep my boys from growing older and keep them with me forever. I have kept a watch for that perfect day when everyone is happy and healthy.
But then I know without a doubt, that I would miss those precious moments of excitement and discovery, and, yes, even those times when growing in maturity feels like 2 painful steps backward and only one small step forward. Most importantly, I would never know the Godly men they will become or see them actively serving Him in whatever position He places them.

Truly, "Children are a gift from the Lord."



2 comments:

Tracy said...

That Luke is a cutie!

And you did a great job on your bleeding heart photo. :o)

Rachel said...

I agree:)
And thanks!