Saturday, April 26, 2008

January - The aquarium

All 5 of the Gardner kids were able to meet up at our parent's house in January - this doesn't happen often enough. We decided to visit the aquarium; and as it turned out, only the parents and babies/toddlers decided to go. It was weird to leave 3 of my boys behind, but fun!!!!

This is the first tank upon entering the aquarium. Ren and Meghan watched the fish swim along.








The sea turtle really stood out in his tank of red reeds and small, silver fish.












He was quite the show off swimming back and forth, up and down.



A picture can never capture the size and grace of the Beluga whale. In God's providence, I pressed the button just as he exhaled!!!

How to capture both baby and animals in the same picture? And no, I didn't submerge Lukey in the tank with the sea lions. As I was standing there, I realized that Luke's image was reflected in the glass. This is how it turned out, and needless to say, I was quite pleased with the result:)







Mommy, lOOk!!! What is it?















Fresh water fish,






Jellyfish,








AND

Cute or gross?

Momma and Luke


I love this picture of my parents!!!

5 comments:

Julie said...

I have heard the aquarium is really nice but Jack and I haven't made it there yet. I know you enjoyed being together with all of your siblings!

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

I've been waiting for a new post!! Yeah. I cant wait to show Claire the pics of turtles and fish. She will love it. You look great!

K. Humby said...

What can I say... adorable nephew, beautiful sister, ... and what a shot of that Beluga whale!!!!

Stacie said...

Hello! Looks like you had fun with your parents at the aquarium! =)

j.j. said...

Rachel - why was your Mom in a wheelchair???