Saturday, August 25, 2007

I'm a big boy now!!!

Luke has really become increasingly easier just this week. He is fussing less, cooing and smiling more, and most importantly napping better. At night, he continues to nurse at 9pm, fall asleep by 10 - 10:30pm, and does not awaken until sometime between 4 - 6:30am. He chows down in about 30min. and then back to bed until 9 or 9:30am. He loves to sleep on his belly (I know I'm a bad Mom), with his head turned to the left, but prefers sucking the fingers on his right hand- I really hope that this will shape his head evenly. Just in the last few days, he has discovered his left fist too, but still seems to prefer the right. He is beginning to like his bottle better (we are giving him 1 oz. per day - normally Nutramigen, but breastmilk occasionally if I have any to spare) and will take a pacie!!!! None of my other boys would even consider these options, but I wanted to be able to leave him for a date with Patrick without him screaming if I am not back in time. I just can't believe how quickly he is changing/growing up. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the age he is at right now!!!!Look how animated he is looking at his mobile!

He loves to sit up, but only for a few minutes in his Bumbo chair!

4 comments:

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Rachel, he looks great in his Bumbo! Such a big now. Glad to hear that he is doing well.

j.j. said...

He is growing so fast. What a cutie! He has so much hair!!

K. Humby said...

I have to second the cutie remarks.
I am dying to come down and see you guys, but... we are so busy as I am sure you are too.

Autumn said...

He always looks so serious!