Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My mother-in-law recently purchased an incredible machine for me. It handles both large quantities of bread and comes with a smoothie attachment. I have made smoothies several times and also a batch of cookies, but today was my first experiment with bread. I did not have dough enhancer or honey as required in the recipe, so I left out the former and substituted molasses for the latter. We shall see what happens!!!
Bosch Universal

My "small recipe" made both a loaf of bread and a dozen cinnamon rolls!!!


This loaf stands more than 6" tall. If I were to slice it in half lengthwise I would have almost 2 loaves of bread. I do not know what made it rise so much.

Last but not least, I think we will really enjoy this for breakfast tomorrow. Now all I need to add is cream cheese icing!!!

7 comments:

j.j. said...

Wow - that thing looks pretty fancy. I LOVE bread - those cinnamon rolls are making me drool!! Smoothies are also a favorite over here. What kind of machine is it to make both bread and smoothies... kind of an unusual combo. Does it do anything else?

Tracy said...

These both look really yummy! I love fresh bread. My new washing machine is a bosch, too! (It doesn't make smoothies or bread though)

Julie said...

I have a different brand bread machine (although it does not make smoothies) and I love it! Your cinnamon rolls look yummy!

John and Kathy said...

We have a Whisper Mill (for grinding the wheat) and a Zojirushi Bread machine (for baking the bread :-)

We love ours too. We found that the loaves out of the bread machine are to large. We pull the bread dough out of the machine right before the final rise and put it in a longer bread pan that we bought and cook it in the oven. It is a special size pan (not like the ones you buy at Wal-Mart) that make a loaf more like the ones you buy in the store. It works great for toast and sandwiches.

Ours doesn't make smoothies either.

Autumn said...

Those look really yummy!
Can I come over for a smoothie sometime? lol =)

K. Humby said...

Those look amazing! I knew that you said it was multi-tasking but... I actually just had my first cin. roll about a week ago since... 8yrs... even then it was only out of a can. I am drooling!

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Looks amazing...and tastey. I have got to get me one of those... on ebay though :)